Sunday, June 16, 2013

Missing You/Call Me Vain

I told you to stay there
Quietly
Until it was safe to come out.
Where have you gone, my love?

It's been too long, I must admit
Empty hollow
Friendless
At least, company just doesn't count
When You aren't here

Come, come back to me--
We can be one again
No one has to know
Just so you're mine again
please.

Yes, I know you're shy
I promise--
It won't happen again.
We'll be more careful, won't we?
I can't lose you again.

I can't believe I left you
Neglected for so long
When I said
I'd never
leave you
forlorn.

No wonder you eluded me
I don't deserve you
But really, you know
We can't live without each other
separation is death.

Return, dear heart
I swear on you
you're all I need...

And--if ever
Adventure strikes
Even with the death of me
You will survive.

Telltale beating
I know you're here
Welcome home...
You're all I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment